£45,000 - £50,000 + Bonus
St Albans, Herts
Permanent, Full Time
Monday to Friday 08.00h – 18.00h
Established business, financially secure with entrepreneurial leaders
Do you have Motimodal Freight Forwarding and Managerial Experience?
Are you a quick-thinker who enjoys problem solving?
Can you work with and support a team?
Take a further look at this job, it could be the one for you…
Our client, a worldwide freight forwarding service provider, commenced trading in 1986 and provide comprehensive worldwide freight forwarding services to manufacturers, importers and exporters. Serving a UK client base ranging from Sole Traders through to multi-national, blue-chip clients. They are seeking a motivated and confident individual to oversee the operations team as the Operations Manager.
The main function of the Operations Manager
• Overseeing the Operations Team. This hands on role requires the jobholder to manage a proportion of the top 10 customers.
• Gaining a comprehensive understanding of each of the client requirements.
• Calculating and negotiating AIR, ROAD and SEA spot quotations.
• Managing the freight bookings from collection through to final delivery.
• Building relationships with existing clients both over the telephone and face to face, delivering a high standard of customer care at all times.
• To meet with key suppliers, maintaining the most advantageous rates.
• To manage, motivate and mentor the other operation team members and help solve commercial and operational challenges.
• To participate in the fortnightly operations management meeting and contribute to the overall efficiency of the business
Skills & Experience Required – Operations Manager
• Ideally Multimodal freight forwarding experience.
• Excellent customer service or sales experience.
• Confident communication skills.
• European languages an advantage (but not essential).
• Good organisational skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Can work to deadlines and handle pressure.
• Quick thinker / problem solving.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic character.
• Ability to work with and support a team.
Please contact me to find out more about this rare and interesting opportunity – Jane
Westin Par values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Do not hesitate to contact us about this or any other roles