Up to £45,000 DOE
Teynham with flexibility across all sites
Permanent, Monday to Friday 8:00-17:00
- 28 days holiday
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Referral scheme
- Fantastic Training Structure
- Well established, market leading firm
Are you an experienced Ripening professional with the technical skills to step up to a managerial position? Would you like to work for a fast-growing business that provides great development for their colleagues and managers? Do you have people management skills? If so, the Ripening Manager could be your ideal job!
We're working with one of the Fresh Produce industry leaders, who have 3 sites across Kent, to find their ideal Ripening Manager. They are a fabulous employer who invest fully in their employees, supporting them on their career path with exceptional training.
The Role of the Ripening Manager:
- Lead the intake the ripening teams in the business.
- Control and maintain the flow of product throughout the ripening process.
- Ensure service levels are maintained at the highest standard.
- Look for new ripening technologies, processes and trends.
Responsibilities of the Ripening Manager:
- Ensure that all aspects of product quality issues are effectively communicated to the Production and Quality teams on a timely basis. Providing recommendations as to the action required.
- Provide effective written communication to the business.
- Provide current ripe stock quality status, availability and projected availability to the daily production meeting.
- Support the QA teams if required.
- Undertake monthly reviews of the ripening team's performance.
- Provide regular customers on quality of ripened product to allow continuous improvement.
- Communicate with the customers Technical and Quality teams daily quality issues related to ripening.
- Ensure the customers required quality standards are efficiently and effectively maintained at all times.
- Manage the ripening teams in all sites including record keeping.
- Minimise waste
- Utilise effective planning so that there is sufficient ripening capacity to facilitate the delivery of customer orders.
- Ensure that resource planning is managed effectively
- Research and implementation of new ripening processes and technologies, while ensuring continuous improvement of existing ones.
Qualifications and Skills required to be a Ripening Manager:
- Excellent standard of English & Maths
- A Food Safety qualification would be advantageous.
- Experience of managing a team and supporting and developing direct reports
- Demonstrable knowledge of the fresh produce sector
- At least 5 years previous experience of a similar role.
Westin Par values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Do not hesitate to contact us about this or any other roles.