Up to £55,000 p.a.
Permanent, Full-Time Mon-Fri + 1 in 3 Saturday mornings
Do you have a UK £ International CPC?
Would you like to work for a stable, innovative company?
Have you held or do you hold a Class 1 Licence?
If so, you could be my client’s next Transport Manager!
The role of transport Manager will suit someone with passion, ambition and a desire to develop a career in international logistics while working for a financially strong and stable company.
The role of Transport Manager:
• To manage / supervise the driving staff ensuring that company procedures are followed.
• Recruitment and induction of new Class 1 drivers.
• Assist (along with the head office team) in the allocation of work to the driving staff, noting working hours and available resources.
• Working with suppliers and ensuring that all of the necessary equipment consumables are issued to the drivers.
• Providing the necessary administrative support, issuing paperwork to the drivers. Coordinating the maintenance of the fleet with the workshop.
• Managing, in conjunction with the Site Manager, warehouse staff and overseeing the shipment of freight consignments.
• Managing clients, ensuring that all customer requirements are fulfilled.
• To report and help resolve any freight / vehicle insurance claims.
What you will need to become the successful Transport Manager:
• UK or European Transport Management experience.
• UK or International CPC.
• Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal)
• A confident, assured and calm personality
• A professional, positive and helpful attitude.
• Numerate and literate, it is vital that the Transport Manager is able to explain complex logistical issues concisely in both written and verbal form.
• IT literate.
• Ambitious with a desire to succeed.
• Strong organisational skills
Westin Par values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Do not hesitate to contact us about this or any other roles.